Moving Information
Whether you're ready to move or just gathering information, we can help. If you don't find the information you're looking for here, feel free to call or email us with any questuions. We're glad to help!

Years ago, moving and setting up a mobile home(now called manufactured homes) had few regulations. Like anything else, over time, changes have occurred and most have been for the better. Manufactured homes are no longer "camper" like and are built superior than in years past. Many people now live and raise families in manufactured homes. With these changes came regulations and now there are currently many laws in effect to ensure your home is safely moved and set to standard state/county codes. 
Our company has the education and experience to ensure your home is properly moved and set up for you. We would love to oversee your move from start to finish!
Below are some helpful hints to make your move as smooth as possible.

General Information for Moving/Set -up of your Manufactured Home:  

  • If you already own your home or have purchased a used home, you will need a Tax Permit from your county tax office. This is required for every county in NC. Tax permits are given at no cost, but taxes owed to the county must be current. You will need to supply us with a copy of this permit before transport.
  • Every county requires a set-up permit obtained from your county's Building Inspections division. In some counties the homeowner can apply, in others the contractor must apply. A current septic tank permit must be acquired before applying for the set up permit. If you do not own your land, the land owner can supply you with a copy of that permit. If you are unsure what you county requires, call us and we'll help. 
  • Once all permits are in order and date can be set for the move. We will try to accommodate your time frame in every possible way. Once the date is set, should you need to reschedule please contact us as soon as possible.
  • Many people have purchased repossessed homes from banks. If you have purchased such a home, please ensure any back lot rent or other concerns have been resolved with the land owner before the move date. 
  • Moving a singlewide home generally entails placing our axles/tires on the home and transporting it to your new location. We acquire the necessary moving permits required by NCDOT.
  • Setting the home up means we will block, level and tie down your home to county code. You will need additional contractor for electrical and plumbing. We will be happy to refer you to reputable contractors that have worked for us in the past.
  • If you have specific questions, please email or call us at 252-948-2478
Our Services
Moving Info
Helpful Links

email me